Fancy trying some at-home brewing?
we've put together these brew guides to give you a hand getting started. before you start, there are a few things to keep in mind that will help you become the ultimate coffee whizz:
1. be aware of flavour profiles. it’s important to buy a good quality coffee that contains flavours you really enjoy.
2. keep your coffee in an airtight container, stored in a cool, dark place. don’t keep it in the fridge... it will go off quicker!
3. opt for a burr over a blade grinder to help keep a consistent grind, and only grind the amount of coffee you need for your brew.
4. remember, this is just a guide! be confident and experiment with temperature, brew time and grind size, but take care not to alter more than one aspect at a time.
if you have any questions, please pop in and speak to our baristas - they're super brainy! tag us in your home-brew pics using #brewmoreBEAR
1. pre-heat your french press using hot water. once warm, pour out water and add 27g of ground coffee.
2.start your timer and immediately fill half way with 95°c water (around 60 seconds off boiling).
3.at 1 minute, stir for 5 seconds, then fill to the top with rest of hot water.
4.pop the plunger back on the top, but don’t plunge yet!
5.at 4 minutes, remove the plunger and use a spoon or stirrer to break the layer of coffee that has formed on top.
6.plunge, baby, plunge!
7.immediately serve, or decant contents in to another vessel
to serve from.
*handy tip:if you let the coffee sit in the french press for too long, it will continue brewing and over extract.